Randi Zinn is the author of Going Beyond Mom: How To Activate Your Mind, Body & Business After Baby. In this episode, we talk about her journey and why it has led her to inspire and assist other mums to cultivate a life beyond motherhood.
With all the challenges of motherhood, it is no wonder that the majority of moms struggle to care for and nurture themselves once they become moms. That is Randi steps up to the plate. She encourages others mothers in the areas of physical and emotional health, business, and entrepreneurship, relationships, and mindfulness, contentment, and happiness. A great conversation for all mothers and fathers.
Randi Zinn is the founder of Beyond Mom and BeyondMom.com. Born from her own experience of motherhood, and the desire for a more connected community- Beyond Mom offers: content, podcasts, mixers, events, and retreats for forward-thinking Moms. She encourages moms to cultivate a life “Beyond Mom”- one that embraces the gifts of motherhood but expresses all that they are as individuals: creators, business women, thinkers, friends, and so much more.
Key Take Outs
- Why opening the dialogue and conversation around what to expect from motherhood is important.
- Understanding that mothers can have it all but don’t have to. A valuable lesson for all of us.
- How to navigate through change, motherhood or other.
- Letting go of the past and embracing the opportunity of change.
- Give up the excuses and move beyond. Find solutions, remove the unnecessary and embrace purpose.
- Nurture and take care of yourself and the fundamentals of what it is to be human.
- How to recognize reality by looking beyond the presentation of daily life.
Quick round questions
Do you have any routines and rituals that you believe contribute to your success?
Morning coffee. Bedtime reading. Sleeping routine.
What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
Trust myself more.
What is the meaning of success?
To really enjoy the journey. The process is the best part of life.
What is your number one productivity advice?
Utilising time in a way that feels comfortable and wisely. Purposeful moments.
What advice would you give someone that needing/wanting to make a change?
Write it down.
Vegetable fresh from her garden.
Favourite Leisure Activity
Workouts – yoga and dance.
“While you have to plan your life out of course, that you always leave just enough room to be surprised.” Dana Flynn
Do we all have a why?
Yes. It may not be obvious, though. Bigger human fundamentals such as to love and share and then finding a way to manifest them as best we can.
What does living with passion and purpose mean?
To be able to express our passions is a gift. It leads to purpose and that creates meaning.
Connect with Randi Zinn
Further Reading and Resources