Meet Grace Marshall:
“I coach, train, write and speak on productivity. I help people adopt new ways of working and thinking about their work to replace stress, overwhelm and frustration with success, sanity and satisfaction.
I’m naturally disorganized! My passion for productivity began when I got fed up of saying “I haven’t got enough time.” Impatience is what drove me to get good at getting things done. I wasn’t willing to put life on hold so I juggle my business, family, community and social life on a daily basis – and not necessarily in that order. Now I absolutely love helping people live the life they want in the time that they have.”
You’ll enjoy this conversation all about productivity sharing some great insights and practical tips.
Key Take Outs
- Mind your limiting beliefs. We make assumption of who we are based on the sum of all our past experiences and conditioning that often limits our perception of who we can become. Challenge yourself and know that your reality is a creation of your own that can be changed. If you desire to be someone else, you can make that happen.
- Value, passion and reason. Know your values, work with passion and be purposeful on your journey. This is a sure way to creating the life that you truly desire. If you have come of track it is possible to get back on. You don’t need to rely on the paths others have created (including society) you can create your own.
- Do not compare. While comparison can strengthen our hunger for the life we desire by giving us greater drive, it can also limit our belief of what’s possible. In comparison you will judge yourself on the backs of others and set even set limiting benchmarks for your potential.
- Find groups of people for support. You are not alone and you will find strength to tackle just about anything in life with a supporting group of people. Reach out to the groups that will support you on your journey.
- Don’t make work a chore, keep it a passion. Use positive language to assist you in this purpose. Try saying “I get to…” rather than “I have to…” and see how those tasks feel. This will allow you to recognise and remove that which has little purpose to your mission and stay positive about the ones that you love.
Do you have any routines and rituals that you believe contribute to your success?
A weekly review. Touch base with what you’re trying to achieve, plan, reschedule, reprioritise and clarify purpose. This can be done monthly, quarterly, yearly etc.
What advice would you give to your 20-year-old self?
You don’t have to have it all worked out.
Grace’s interpretation of success.
Being happy with how I spend my time.
What advice would you give someone that needing/wanting to make change?
A wake up call can be dramatic but most transformation start with smaller decisions. What is one small change the you could make to your next hour or next day.
Quick round questions
Favourite Leisure Activitiy
“Forget perfection, the aim is to be good enough most of the time with intermittent lapses into hopelessness and brilliance.”
Do we all have a why?
Yes. Some are clear cut while others they must define their. We can add definition to our own lives.
What does living life with passion and purpose mean?
Feeling alive. Doing good work that does you good as well as the good you are doing. Waking up looking forward to the day and a sense of satisfaction at the end of each day with what you’ve achieved.
How to find Grace and other links
You can find out more about Grace by visiting her website here.
Discover your Hidden Why – Jump on the Discovery Call and take your life to the level you desire it to be. In this free coaching call, valued at $250, discover what it takes to start living you life with greater passion & purpose. Do you want more freedom, fulfilment and happiness? Let me show you how. Limited spots available!